Hiring the right DUI attorney
Georgia law is tough on drunk driving, even if this is the first time you’ve been arrested for a DUI. Regardless of your specific charges, you are facing a range of consequences, and your best chance of defense against a DUI charge in Georgia is hiring a knowledgeable DUI attorney with experience practicing in the area in which you were charged.
As you get ready to talk about your case with lawyers, you should prepare a list of questions that you are most concerned about so that you can get helpful advice about what to expect in your case.
- How much jail time can I expect in this court if I enter a plea to DUI or Reckless Driving?
- What are the immediate license consequences while this case is pending?
- What are the license consequences if I am convicted of DUI or Reckless Driving?
- What if my license is from another state other than Georgia?
- Am I eligible for the Ignition Interlock Device to avoid a license suspension, and if so is it a good idea?
- Do I have to tell my employer about the arrest?
- Will my professional licensing board (e.g. nurse, doctor, lawyer, pharmacist) take action against me as a result of this arrest?
- Can I travel outside the state or country while my case is pending?
- What are the insurance consequences of this arrest?
- If I am already on probation, what can I expect to happen as a result of this new arrest?
- Can I drive rental vehicle?
- How long will this case take to resolve?
- What are the challenges or advantages of my case given the circumstances surrounding my arrest?
- Should I attend DUI School and start community service now or wait until later?
Schedule a call with Erin
With offices located in Atlanta, Erin frequently attends court not only in the local metro-Atlanta area (Fulton County), but also in many surrounding counties, including regular appearances in Cherokee, Cobb, Gwinnett, DeKalb, and Paulding counties, and has successfully handled a wide variety of DUI charges in all areas. Thanks to the reputation she has earned, Erin has become a recognized national speaker on DUI defense, and shares her expertise by teaching other DUI defense attorneys.